Built as a dormitory for men, Malcolm Hall was completed in September 1966 and dedicated on May 6, 1967. The building, situated on the former site of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house at the southwest corner of High and Mooreland Streets, was named in honor of College President Gilbert Malcolm, class of 1915, who had served the college in various administrative capacities for four decades.
Home to about 90 students, Malcolm Hall is a mixed class year residence hall that features suite-style living arrangements configured for four students. Each room has a common area space and two adjoining bedrooms with shared bathroom facilities on each floor. Laundry and lounge facilities are located in the building as well. Malcolm Hall is located directly across High Street from the Library.
Interior & Furnishings
Floors: Carpeting in hallways; carpeting in bedrooms.
Furniture: Each student will have a bunkable bed that can be adjusted (or flipped) for height, a dresser, a desk and desk chair, and a bookcase. Soft seating is available in building lounges.
A/C: Window Units