Looking for an international job can be both exciting and daunting. GoinGlobal provides detailed information on searching and applying for international opportunities, as well as living and working in another country.
To Access GoinGlobal:
Dickinson College students can access GoinGlobal’s Country Career Guides by creating their own personal account.
Log into your Gateway account and click the Academic Resources link in the left navigation bar. A link to GoinGlobal will be listed in the Career Center Resources section.
The GoinGlobal Career Guide subscription database contains more than 10,000 country-specific resources for finding international employment at home and abroad. Each of the 24 country segments contain recommended web sites, detailed resource descriptions, insider tips and professional advice for such vital employment topics as:
- Job search resources: job sites, job fairs, newspapers, government-sponsored employment offices, headhunters/recruiters, and temporary staffing agencies
- Information on employment opportunities and trends
- Industry-specific trade and professional organization information and links: issues of special concern for foreign professionals, education requirements, trade associations, publications, and industry websites
- Business resources: Trade Councils, Chambers of Commerce, and other professional networking organizations
- Work permits and visa regulations
- Finance and compensation information: taxes, cost of living, medical insurance, vacation/leave, etc.
- Resume/CV writing guidelines
- Cultural and interviewing advice
- Embassy listings with key contact information and links
Please contact the Career Center if you have any questions.