On this page you will find information about careers pursued by Religion & Judaic Studies majors, skills Religion & Judaic Studies majors develop and career-related Web sites relevant to the major. Visit the department page to learn more about the Religion & Judaic Studies program.
It is important to remember that your major does not determine what your career will be. With a liberal arts education, YOU, not your major, will determine your career path.
Example job titles of Dickinson alumni who majored in Religion & Judaic Studies include:
- Associate Pastor
- Legal Assistant
- Offensive Coordinator
- School Counselor
- Communications: Religion majors learn to produce clear, accurate, well-organized writing and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Analytical Thinking: Through studying religious texts, majors develop the ability to unravel and evaluate complex arguments.
- Problem Solving: Reading about religion raises many difficult questions that demand creative and perceptive answers.
- Self-Analysis: Students engage in honest self-assessment of their beliefs and assumptions.
Career-Related Web Sites
- American Academy of Religion - Employment opportunities for religion scholars
- Christian-based Jobs in Asia - An inter-denominational organization rooted in various countries in the Asian region which brings churches and the Christian faith to rural communities.
- Christian Career Center - A great resource for Job and Career searches and advice.
- Christian Jobs Online - Job searches for careers with a Christian focus in a wide variety of fields.
- Christian Ministry in the National Parks - Opportunities for students to lead services and be a part of ministries in National Parks around the country.
- Hillel - Resources for jobs, internships, and fellowships with a Jewish concentration.
- InterCristo - The Christian Career Specialists
- Ministry Search - Listings of openings in churches.
- World Council of Churches - An alliance of churches across 110 countries.
For additional career resources and links, please visit the Job Search Web Link page.