On this page you will find information about careers pursued by East Asian Studies majors, skills East Asian Studies majors develop and career-related web sites relevant to the major. Visit the department page to learn more about the East Asian Studies program.
It is important to remember that your major does not determine what your career will be. With a liberal arts education, YOU, not your major, will determine your career path.
Example job titles of Dickinson alumni who majored in East Asia Studies include:
- Customs Inspector
- Global Human Capital Analyst
- Regional Sales Manager
- Multicultural Awareness: East Asian Studies majors develop knowledge of other cultures and international affairs. Adaptability to different environments and receptivity to new ideas can be enhanced by studying abroad.
- Critical Reading: The dissection of texts and documents allows East Asian Studies majors to understand subtleties.
- Analytic Thinking: Majors gain skills in creating and evaluating logical arguments.
Career-Related Web Sites
- Asian-Jobs.com - Connect with employers who are searching for bilinguals who speak English and Asian languages
- Doing Business
Careers in Foreign Languages
- Bilingual-Jobs - View current job openings, or review statistics, studies and tips on international careers.
- Careers for Japanese Majors - Jobs in Japan. View this newsletter listing teaching jobs in Japan.
- International Language Job Center - View English job offers, foreign language job offers, or visit the site's career clinic.
International Teaching Websites
- International Schools Services
- International Teaching Links
- Links for ESL/EFL Jobs
- Living Abroad: Overseas Digest Online
- Peace Corps
- Teaching Jobs Overseas
- The International Educator
- U.S Department of State, Overseas Schools, Teaching Overseas
- WorldTeach - Volunteer to teach in overseas developing countries. Offers program profiles and upcoming departure deadlines.
For additional career resources and links, please visit the Job Search Web Link page.