On this page you will find information about careers pursued by Archaeology majors, skills Archaeology majors develop and career-related Web sites relevant to the major. Visit the department page to learn more about the Archaeology program.
It is important to remember that your major does not determine what your career will be. With a liberal arts education, YOU, not your major, will determine your career path.
Example job titles of Dickinson alumni who majored in Archaeology include:
- Account Manager
- Associate Geologist
- Lab Technician
- Publications Assistant
- Tutoring Program Coordinator
- Information Handling
- Field Work
Career-Related Web Sites
- American Anthropological Association
- American Journal of Archaeology
- Archaeology Fieldwork
- Archaeology Info.
- Archaeological Institute of America - Offers archaeological resources, a placement service, educational resources as well as fellowships and awards.
- Archaeology Jobs
- Archaeology Magazine
- Careers in Archaeology - Provides answers to frequently asked questions about careers in Archaeology.
- Southwestern Archaeology
- The WWW Virtual Library of Archaeology - Offers information regarding archaeological regions, subject areas, museums, journals, and publishers.
For additional career resources and links, please visit the Job Search Web Link page.