In this page you will find information about careers pursued by Anthropology majors, skills Anthropology majors develop and career-related Web sites relevant to the major. Visit the department page to learn more about the Anthropology program.
It is important to remember that your major does not determine what your career will be. With a liberal arts education, YOU, not your major, will determine your career path.
Example job titles of Dickinson alumni who majored in Anthropology include:
- Behavioral Scientist
- Case Manager
- Environmental Technologist
- International Programs Coordinator
- Occupational Therapist
Career-Related Skills of Anthropology Majors
- Appreciation for Human Diversity: By studying different cultures and races, anthropology majors can gain understanding and insight into groups and their behaviors.
- Research: Anthropology majors take courses on research design and data analysis and have the ability to use and analyze information from texts and field observations. They are familiar with both quantitative and qualitative research methods and can use the latest software to analyze data.
- Communication: Strong writing and speaking skills are developed through class participation and written assignments. Majors learn how other cultures communicate with one another.
- Complex Analysis: By analyzing different aspects of culture, anthropology majors develop a better understanding of the society in which they live.
Career-Related Web Sites
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences - A professional society dedicated to the application of science to the law.
- American Anthropology Association - Lists job openings and information on careers in Anthropology.
- Careers in Anthropology - An essay written by the American Anthropology Association.
- H-Net Job Guide for the Humanities and Social Sciences - Publishes a new job guide every week with primarily academic positions but also has internships, fellowships, etc.
- Society for Applied Anthropology
For additional career resources and links, please visit the Job Search Web Link page.