Setting Up Office 365
- Read the instructions for setting up Office 365 here: Office 365 Setup Instructions
- Click this link to setup Office 365: Office 365 Setup Page (link is included in instructions above)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Office 365?
Office 365 is the title for a bundle of software and online services which are all connected to a Microsoft account a person creates. Current Dickinson Employees and Students are eligible to use the software and services provided in Office 365 on their home and personal computers. The software and services provided in Office 365 are:
- Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus for Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access, and Publisher) and/or Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) for installation on up to 5 personal computers.
- Mobile app versions of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote) on up to 5 personal tablets (iPads, Windows tablets, Androids, etc.) or phones (iPhones, Windows phones, Androids, etc.).
- Web versions of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote) accessed via a web browser with real-time co-authoring and collaboration.
- 1 Terabyte of OneDrive cloud storage.
2. What is the support for Office 365?
For technical assistance with installation or usage issues for Office 365 products (including Office 2013 or Office 2011 installed on a personal computer, mobile versions of Office on a mobile device or web versions of Office used via a web browser), please contact Microsoft Customer Service: 1 (800) 642-7676.
3. What if I have issues with my Office 365 account?
In order to access the software and services provided by Office 365, an Office 365 account must be created using your Dickinson email address as the account username. Should you forget your password to your Office 365 account, the Dickinson Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org OR x1000) can assist you in changing the password and gaining access to the account.
4.Where can I find on-line tutorials for using Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 Training for PC and Mac
5.What is the URL to use Office 365?
Once you have created your account bookmark this URL to log back into your Office 365 portal to use these services from anywhere: https://login.microsoftonline.com/