Resources for Faculty Principal Investigators
Aids for conducting Database Searches
Our colleagues at VCU have provided a library resource for database searches of animal research. Much of the information is behind the yellow tabs. http://guides.library.vcu.edu/content.php?pid=115556&sid=997864
Animal Care and Use Training
Policy Resources for Dickinson Faculty
- PHS Policy for the Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals rev 2015
- The National Research Council (NRC) Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- The AVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia
- Animal Welfare Assurance Document. Contact Committee Chair for hardcopy.
- Essentials for IACUC Members Curriculum, American Association for Laboratory Animal Science - or - Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
Training Resources for Dickinson Faculty
- Institute for Laboratory Animal Research (ILAR) Journal 48:2, 2007 "Training and Adult Learning Strategies for the Care and Use of Lab Animals"
- OLAW Tutorial for new animal care and use committee members, institutional administrators, investigators, animal care personnel, veterinarians, or others who are interested in learning about the PHS Policy.