Although you are welcome to drop by the Eberly Writing Center any time during business hours to meet with a tutor, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment in advance.
Click here to make an appointment on WCONLINE.
Hours of Operation
Because of the high demand for appointments, these guidelines aim to ensure that as many students as possible have the opportunity to make use of the Writing Center's services:
- Appointments are up to 45 minutes long.
- You can have as many as one walk-in appointment per day.
- You can schedule in advance only two appointments.
- You can have up to three appointments on any one paper.
- If your paper is ten-fourteen pages long, you must e-mail it to your tutor 24 hours in advance of your appointment. If your paper is longer than fourteen pages, you must e-mail it to your tutor 48 hours in advance of your appointment.
- Schedule appointments as far before the due date of the paper as possible.
- Bring your assignment sheet with you.
- Tell the tutor what concerns you have and what you would like to work on.
- Be an active participant in the session.
- Be open to making significant revisions if necessary.