Central to our approach to tutoring is flexibility and collaboration. We see each student as an individual with particular concerns, situations, and goals, and we respond to these diverse factors.
- We acknowledge that the writing "belongs" to the student and that our purpose is to help the student achieve his or her goals.
- We respect the student's authority and autonomy.
- We assist students in understanding and interpreting the requirements of an assignment.
- We help students with their writing at any stage in the writing process.
- We assist students in clarifying and developing ideas.
- We help students in organizing and supporting points.
- We help students to write clearly and precisely and to recognize and correct grammatical and mechanical errors.