Six steps to declaring psychology as your major:
- Complete PSY201 or PSY210 with a passing grade.
- Download a Major Declaration Form or you may pick up a form at the registrar’s office.
- Fill in your Banner ID#, your name, and your major. Remember to sign and date it.
- Have your previous advisor sign your declaration form.
- Deliver your form to Amy McMurdy, Kaufman 101 (ext. 1255) in the psychology department. An advisor will automatically be assigned to you. NOTE: You do not need to get the department chair's signature, and you do not need to find an advisor or get her/his signature.
- Your new advisor will contact you for a meeting at which time she or he will sign the form. Before this meeting, please take the time to review the Academic Planning Worksheet, and take a look at the Map of the Major. After the meeting, you will take the completed major declaration form to the registrar's office.