Study Abroad in Brazil
CIEE is our partner program in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Currently, we offer one track for spring 2018.
The Liberal Arts track is intended for students with at least two years of college-level Spanish or Intermediate Portuguese (PORT 200 or 201). A four-week intensive Portuguese language course occurs before the beginning of the semester. The program is affiliated with the PUC-Rio (Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro), and students have access there to a full range of courses in Art, Business, Economics, Communications, History, Geography, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Literature, Psychology, Social Service, Sociology, and Theology. All classes are taught in Portuguese. During the semester, students take three courses: a Portuguese language course at CIEE, and two courses at PUC-Rio.
- Four-week Portuguese language preparation course before the semester
- Home stays (breakfast included)
- Excursions and field trips
- Opportunities to do volunteer work
- Study at the prestigious PUC-Rio with Brazilian students
- Take classes in Art, Business, Economics, Communications, History, Geography, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Literature, Psychology, Social Service, Sociology, and Theology
- 2.5 GPA
- Portuguese 200 or 4 semesters of Spanish
Contact Prof. Carolina Castellanos, On-Campus Coordinator, Bosler M12, firstname.lastname@example.org
visit the Center for Global Study and Engagement
Studying in Brazil has many benefits! In addition to allowing students to learn (more) about the many incredible aspects of this great multicultural country, it allows students to apply for Fulbright scholarships. Melissa (Missy) Reif '13 and Benjamin (Ben) West '14 have won Fulbright English Teaching Assistantships! They both studied in Brazil.