Requirements for Graduation for Students Matriculating prior to Fall 2015
- 32 courses successfully completed; including all of the specific course requirements listed below plus 4 physical education blocks (no academic credit given for physical education)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average
- A minimum of 16 courses must be taken on the Carlisle Campus & of those, either the last 4 courses or 6 of the last 8 courses must be taken on campus
- A major field of concentration
Specific Course Requirements for the Degree for Students Matriculating prior to Fall 2015
- First-Year Seminar - 1 course required for all first-semester first-year students
- Writing Intensive or Writing in the Discipline Course - 1 course required
- Quantitative Reasoning Course* - 1 course required
- Distribution Requirements - total of 4 courses required, see below
- Division I: Arts & Humanities (2 courses from 2 different areas - Div IA, Div IB or Div IC)
- Division II: Social Sciences (1 course)
- Division III: Laboratory Science (1 course)
[NOTE: Mathematics courses do not fulfill the laboratory science requirement.]
- Cross-Cultural Studies - must complete all 3 subcategories:
- A foreign language (through the intermediate level; may require up to 4 courses, depending on language placement)
Language Renumbering Chart
- Comparative Civilization/Global Diversity Course - 1 course required
- U.S. Diversity Course - 1 course required
- Physical Education - 4 blocks of physical education (one of which could be a cognitive course) [NOTE: Physical Education blocks meet for 1/2 of the semester, a few meet for the full semester, and receive no academic credit.]
- Courses Required for your Major
A single course may fulfill multiple graduation requirements, but counts as only one of the total 32 courses.
*NOTE EXCEPTION: A course fulfilling the Quantitative Reasoning requirement may not also be used to fulfill the Division III Distribution Requirement.
More details about requirements for the degree can be found in the College Bulletin.