Roll Call occurs at mid-term and serves two purposes:
- to provide students with feedback regarding their academic performance. Please record one of the appropriate mid-term grades for each student (appropriate choices are included below).
- to confirm that the class lists correctly list all enrolled students. If you discover any discrepancies, please contact Marcia Golembeski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO GRADE YOUR COURSES USING BANNER XE:
- Using Chrome, go to the Dickinson Gateway
- Log in and click on the SSB Button
- Select Faculty & Advisors Menu
- Select Banner XE Grading (Roll Call and Final Grades)
- BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE MIDTERM GRADES TAB
- Select the row of the section you wish to grade
Note: To bring your most recent sections to the top of your list, click on the Term column header to sort by term.
- To enter grades one at a time, continue with Step 8. For instructions on importing your grades, click here.
- Select the appropriate grade for each student listed from the drop-down menu:
S = Satisfactory Achievement
U = Unsatisfactory Achievement
I = Incomplete Work Outstanding
NE = No evaluation (A notation of "NE" is recorded when NO EVALUATION HAS BEEN MADE OF ANY STUDENT IN THE COURSE. Usually, this is due to the nature of the course's content and occurs most often when no major paper or exam has been given and evaluated prior to the Roll Call deadline).
- Leave the Last Attend Date column BLANK
- Click Save
- If the grades were submitted successfully, the message "Save Successful" will be listed in a green box at the top right corner of the screen.
- To grade your next course, select the row of the section at the top.