Vision benefits are available through Vision Benefits of America (VBA). The plan offers reduced cost vision services for exams, glasses or contact lenses. While the highest level of coverage is provided when using the in-network providers, some coverage is provided when using non-network providers. Unlike the medical and dental plans, you must sign up for a 2-year period.
How to Use Your VBA Vision Benefits:
- VBA does NOT issue vision insurance membership cards
- Go to the VBA member site - log in to your account to access your benefit eligibility for services, find a participating doctor, view your claims history, and more.
- VBA Plan Summary - effective July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018
- VBA Plan Summary - effective July 1, 2018
- When using a VBA participating provider - schedule an appointment and tell your doctor you have a VBA Vision Plan and your providers office will handle the rest.
- When using a non-participating provider - you'll need to pay the provider in full for all services and products, then complete the Out-Of-Network Reimbursement Form and sent it to VBA with all itemized receipts for processing of any eligible reimbursement to you.
- Contact VBA Member Services at 1-800-432-4966 for further assistance.