Applications are Accepted on a Rolling Basis
Summer 2017 Dates Announced: May 22-24, 2017
Who Should Apply?
The Valley & Ridge Study Group is an interdisciplinary faculty study group for those wishing to incorporate sustainability concepts, problems or solutions new or existing courses. Participation from all academic divisions is encouraged to bring together a group representing the broad diversity of fields of study at Dickinson. This has proven to be a great experience particularly for new faculty at Dickinson.
Faculty Stipend: $1000
V & R Application for May 22-24, 2017:
Please download and submit the Valley & Ridge Application.
Deadline to Apply:
Applications for Valley & Ridge will be accepted on a rolling basis until mid April 2017.
As a stipend-receiving participant in the Valley & Ridge workshop, faculty agree to:
- Read pre-workshop materials provided electronically
- Commit time in the summer to preparing a new or revised syllabus for a course
Priority will be given to those being taught in the upcoming academic year
- Serve as a resource to future Valley & Ridge participants and other faculty
- Reconvene in August (date TBD) to report on your progress and submit project summary & final report
- Provide CSE with a 250-300 word project summary for use on the website (will be published "as is")
- Provide CSE with a final report consisting of:
1. New/revised course syllabus
2. E-versions of related course documents
3. Summary of your course modifications, the role of V & R in developing the course/module & final outcomes* Final outcomes can be submitted as amendments to the final report after the course is implemented
For more information contact:
CSE, Assistant Director
Kaufman Hall 194