Applications are Accepted on a Rolling Basis
Who Should Apply?
The Valley & Ridge Study Group is an interdisciplinary faculty study group for those wishing to incorporate sustainability concepts, problems or solutions new or existing courses. Participation from all academic divisions is encouraged to bring together a group representing the broad diversity of fields of study at Dickinson. This has proven to be a great experience particularly for new faculty at Dickinson.
Faculty Stipend: $1000
V & R Application:
Please download and submit the Valley & Ridge Application.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through May 1, 2015.
Participant Agreement 2015:
As a stipend-receiving participant in the Valley & Ridge workshop, faculty agree to:
- Read pre-workshop materials provided electronically
- Commit time in the summer to preparing a new or revised syllabus for a course
Priority will be given to those being taught in the 2014-15 academic year
- Serve as a resource to future Valley & Ridge participants and other faculty
- Reconvene in August 2015 (date TBD) to report on your progress and submit project summary & final report
- Provide CSE with a 250-300 word project summary for use on the website (will be published "as is")
- Provide CSE with a final report consisting of:
1. New/revised course syllabus
2. E-versions of related course documents
3. Summary of your course modifications, the role of V & R in developing the course/module & final outcomes* Final outcomes can be submitted as amendments to the final report after the course is implemented
CSE, Assistant Director
Kaufman Hall 194