Details for the Summer 2018 Workshop Begins are to be determined. Tenative dates: May 22-24, 2018.
Who Should Apply?
The Valley & Ridge Workshop is an interdisciplinary faculty study group for those wishing to incorporate sustainability concepts, problems or solutions into new or existing courses. Participation from all academic disciplines is encouraged. For 2018, any undergraduate faculty from Dickinson or other institution can apply. Space is limited and priority will be given to Dickinson faculty.
- Cost for Non-Dickinson Faculty: TBD (includes food & transportation during workshop; NOT LODGING)
- No Cost for Dickinson Faculty: Stipend $1,000 for fullfillment of particpant agreement below
How to Apply?
- 2018 Valley & Ridge Application (DICKINSON FACULTY)
- 2018 Valley & Ridge Application (NON-DICKINSON FACULTY)--- COMING SOON
Deadline to Apply:
Applications should be submitted no later than March 31, 2018.
Dickinson Faculty Participant Agreement:
As a stipend-receiving participant Dickinson faculty agree to:
- Read pre-workshop materials provided electronically.
- Prepare new or modify existing course over summer 2018.
- Serve as a resource to future Valley & Ridge participants and faculty
- Reconvene in August 2018 (date TBD) to report on your progress and submit project summary & final report
- Provide CSE with a 250-300 word project summary for use on the website (will be published "as is")
- Provide CSE with a final report consisting of:
1. New/revised course syllabus
2. E-versions of related course documents
3. Summary of your course modifications, the role of V & R in developing the course/module & final outcomes*
- Final outcomes can be submitted as amendments to the final report after the course is implemented
For more information contact:
CSE, Assistant Director
Kaufman Hall 194