November 17, 2018
Discover Atlanta’s legacy in heritage and film with this remarkable introduction to the rich culture that sparked the civil rights movement in the South!
Join us for a pre-tour reception with food and drinks. Then hop aboard the bus and experience civil rights landmarks, explore the Sweet Auburn Historic District and roll through the center of African American life in Atlanta prior to the civil rights movement, all while getting to meet the newer side of Atlanta.
• See the birth home and last Atlanta residence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as well as the Eternal Flame and King Center.
• View tons of African American filming locations, from award-winning TV shows to current Academy Award-nominated films.
• See the Hidden Figures NASA set up close.
• Take a picture at Tyler Perry’s Madea house.
• Roll through one of the most influential African American colleges in history.
• Sit in the church and hear stories from where Dr. MLK Jr. gave his first and last sermon in Atlanta.
A limited number of tickets are available. Please register by Wednesday, Nov 14.
Interested in helping plan events in the area? Email Jennifer Love, associate director of alumni relations.
- Location: Atlanta Movie Tours, Castleberry Hill, downtown Atlanta, 327 Nelson St. SW, Atlanta, GA 30313
- Time: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Cost: $10 per person