Climate Action Task Force
Energy Efficiency & Conservation Team
The Energy Efficiency & Conservation Team is comprised of students, faculty and staff members that are working to address ways in which Dickinson College can improve energy efficiencies across campus. The team is investigating the viability of several broad initiatives that promise to reduce our carbon footprint while also challenging us to change the way we live and work all across campus. Some of the things we are considering include investigations related to:
1. Smart scheduling of buildings (including hours of the day, days of the week, and weeks of the year we operate which buildings).
2. Monitoring systems that will help us measure our progress toward carbon footprint goals using real-time feedback.
3. Building plans that might allow us to meet residential life demands of the coming years while also making possible to shed unsustainable spaces and replace them with hi-efficiency spaces.
4. Capital investments in the remaining housing stock and energy plants that promise to yield carbon footprint benefits and reasonable returns on investment.
5. Ways the college can embrace the carbon neutral goals we have set for ourselves and make them organic to all we do, beginning at the highest levels of leadership at the college.
Team members include:
James Hoefler, Chair, Political Science (email@example.com)
David Lifschitz, Research Assistant, Physics '13 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sarah Ganong, Research Assistant, English '13 (email@example.com)
Andrew Connell, Associate Director of User Services, LIS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michael Fratantuono, Int. Business & Mgmt. (email@example.com)
Michael Kiner, Facilities Management Mechanical Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Timothy Richwine, Facilities Management HVAC Mechanic (email@example.com)
Mikayla Strycharz, Law and Policy '13 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gene Wingert, Biology (email@example.com)