The Women's Center is offering a $50 gift certificate, either to iTunes or to Mesino's restaurant, for the best name that captures what the service provides in language the whole community is comfortable with.
The victim advocate program provides supportive, confidential counseling and advocacy through an independent contract with Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Services of the YWCA. So far, we've called the service "the rape advocate" and "the victim advocate". The program is working but we need a better name! The advocate:
- Provides confidential counseling services in person or by phone from trained sexual assault crisis counselors. They can:
- listen when you need to ask a question or talk through a problem
- explain the criminal justice system
- explain the college's conduct system
- accompany you to the hospital
- and provide support for friends of survivors or community members who need support or information.
- They are equally qualified to serve men and women and
- can respond to a range of sexual assault scenarios, from past or childhood abuse to recent sexual assault, same-sex assault, and confusing situations.
To submit your entry in the re-naming contest, please use the following link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QZVDCJX