LANDIS HOUSE USE AND ACCESS POLICY
Landis House is an educational and resource center available to the entire Dickinson community. The Conflict Resolution Resource Center, Office of Diversity Initiatives and Women’s Center invite you to use the space bearing in mind these guidelines.
Business Hours (8:30am-4;30pm) Use and Access
• Free and open space: Landis House has an open-door policy during the day! All students, staff, and faculty are welcome to use the downstairs space for meetings, lounging, creating community, checking out resources, etc. We’d love to see you!
• Scheduling a meeting: You can reserve these spaces by contacting one of our offices (see below). Landis House also has a full kitchen.
- Resource room: a living room ideal for discussion and casual hangout groups; can seat up to 14 on couches and comfortable floor pillows; radio/cd player and chalkboard
- Reading room: a work and lounge space that can seat up to 3 on chairs and hold up to 25 for larger discussions/film screenings/readings/other events
- Seminar room: ideal meeting space with seats for up to 20, whiteboard & seminar tables
- Upstairs conference room: lounge & meeting space with a four-person table and couch
Anyone at the college is welcome to reserve a room; since this is a student-centered space, our policy is to give priority to student events and organizations. You do not need to be a registered student organization to reserve these spaces.
• Office coverage: You can expect to see a friendly face in the front office with Lori Loudon, Women’s Center Administrative Assistant, providing coverage from 8:30am-12pm Monday-Friday. The Office of Diversity Initiatives’ Diversity Assistants will otherwise provide coverage on weekday afternoons (schedule posted in the front office).
• Student workspaces (front office and upstairs office) are for use by Sustained Dialogue students and Diversity Assistants only.
After Hours Use and Access (4:30pm-1am) Use and Access
• Space is available: Students, faculty and staff are welcome to use Landis House for meetings, lounging and/or workspace after business hours.
• Volunteer office hours: We welcome volunteers to provide office hours! Contact one of the offices below if you’d like to start working in or for Landis House.
• Key sign-out system: 3 keys will be available at Landis House, and 2 keys in Old West (Shalom Staub’s office), for any Dickinson community member to check out. We give priority to students hosting programs, providing pre-approved open house/office hours, or doing administrative work for CRRC, ODI, or the Women’s Center.
• To reserve a key, simply contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Landis House during business hours. When program or work hours are done, the student signing out should return keys to the designated dropbox.
• If you’ve signed out the key, you have primary responsibility for making sure that the house is locked, lights off, trash disposed of, etc.
Conflict Resolution Resource Center Shalom Staub, Director, email@example.com
LeeAnn Kunkle, Administrative Asst, firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions: email@example.com
Office of Diversity Initiatives, Paula Lima, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions: email@example.com
Women’s Center, Susannah Bartlow, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Loudon, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com
General questions: firstname.lastname@example.org