International Student Application Checklist
To ensure that you submit all of the necessary components of your application, we’ve created this International Student Application Checklist.
For online access to the application documents, please visit the Common Application site. Below you will find PDFs of each required document should you have any difficulty accessing the forms online.
1. Common Application
2. Supplemental Form
3. Official secondary school transcript(s) listing all courses and grades (including the Secondary School Report Form and Midyear Report)
4. Counselor recommendation (see Secondary School Report Form)
5. Academic teacher recommendations (one required, two recommended; see Teacher Evaluation Form)
6. Official scores for either the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) or the ACT are a requirement for all international students. Non-native English speakers must also submit test scores from one of the following English proficiency exams: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). On the TOEFL a score of 100+ is preferred on the iBT version of the test. A score of 7 or higher is required for the IELTS while a score of 84 is preferred on the MELAB.)
7. The Certification of Finances (This is required of all international applicants. Those interested in applying for financial aid must also submit the International Student Financial Aid Application.)
8. A nonrefundable $65 application fee may be submitteed by using Peer Transfer (preferred) or by check, money order, credit card or electronic funds transfer (in US dollars) using Dickinson's Payment Form.
9. Early Decision candidates must also submit a signed Early Decision Agreement Form.
10. The International Supplement Form.