If you have previously applied to Dickinson College but were not admitted and are interested in re-applying as a first-year student, please follow this procedure:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Re-apply.”
- In the body of the e-mail, provide us your complete name, date of birth and your contact information: postal mailing address, telephone numbers, e-mail address and Skype ID.
- Send as an attachment an updated Certification of Finances, official and attested.
- If applying for financial aid, send an updated, official and attested, International Student Financial Aid Application as an e-mail attached, or the CSS Profile (ISFAA is preferred).
- Provide any new test scores, either sent from the testing service or from your high school as a certified copy with the school’s stamp and signature.
- Send final high-school transcript and any final test scores. Both must be certified and official documents.
- If you are choosing to apply in the Early Decision application option, send as an attachment an Early Decision Agreement. All three signatures are mandatory: student, parent and high-school counselor.
- Send an update essay explaining what you have been doing since high-school graduation and what you plan to do up until your expected college entrance.
The update essay is a very important part of your re-application. Therefore, it is recommended that you plan well the time that you are not enrolled in higher education to assure that you are doing things that are a beneficial and productive use of your time, such as taking classes, volunteering, internships and/or employment.
All re-apply documents need to be received by the application deadline that you choose. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Note: If you have previously applied to Dickinson College but did not attend and have since enrolled at another higher education institution, you must re-apply as a transfer student.