Although you are welcome to drop by the Eberly Writing Center any time during business hours to meet with a tutor, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment in advance. To make an appointment, call the Writing Center at 717-245-1620 or drop by any time we are open.
Because of the high demand for appointments, these guidelines aim to ensure that as many students as possible have the opportunity to make use of the Writing Center's services:
- Appointments are up to 45 minutes long.
- You can have as many as one walk-in appointment per day.
- You can schedule in advance only two appointments.
- You can have up to three appointments on any one paper.
- If your paper is ten-fourteen pages long, you must e-mail it to your tutor 24 hours in advance of your appointment. If your paper is longer than fourteen pages, you must e-mail it to your tutor 48 hours in advance of your appointment.
Ways to make your appointment successful:
- Schedule appointments as far before the due date of the paper as possible.
- Bring your assignment sheet with you.
- Tell the tutor what concerns you have and what you would like to work on.
- Be an active participant in the session.
- Be open to making significant revisions if necessary.
The Norman M. Eberly Multilingual Writing Center uses the Accutrack database to keep track of writing center visits and visitors, demographic data, visitor feedback, and tutor logs describing the content of sessions. All logs regarding First-Year Seminar and foreign language visits are automatically sent to the students’ professors. All other session logs will be sent to professors unless the student asks that the log not be sent.