Theatre and Dance Information
Ballet instruction is offered at the Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet, at four levels of instruction. Each level has two courses (one Fall and one Spring) and is determined by audition or previous placement.
Level I - fall course: 111, spring course: 112
Level II - fall course: 211, spring course: 212
Level III - fall course: 311, spring course 312
Level IV - fall course: 411, spring course 412
• All interested students must select the Level I course during the Course Request Period.
• In addition, students need to register with CPYB before attending the placement class. Contact CPYB at 245-1190.
• The placement class will take place time & day TBA in the dance studio at the warehouse (behind the physical plant).
• After the placement class, CPYB will notify the Registrar's Office of the appropriate level and the student's course requests will be adjusted.
• Each course may be requested as a half-course credit (section 01) or a full-course credit (section 02). Students also earn 1 or 2 P.E. blocks.
NOTE: All dance technique courses may be repeated for credit, but PE blocks are not repeatable.
Physical Education Blocks
The following courses also earn 1 or 2 P.E. blocks as indicated below:
Ballet - 2 P.E. blocks
• Modern Dance - THDA 121, 122, 221, 222, 321, 322 - 2 P.E. blocks
• Jazz Dance - THDA 123, 124, 223, 224, 323, 324 - 1 P.E. Block
• International Dance - THDA 125 - 1 P.E. Block
• Dance Repertory - THDA 220 - 1 P.E. Block
Dance Theatre Group - Company Class 5-7 pm Tuesdays, HUB Studio. Regularly scheduled rehearsals announced after auditions.
Mermaid Players - Rehearsals 7-10:30 pm Sunday through Thursday, Mathers Theatre. Regularly scheduled production work announced