Junior Advising Checklist/Worksheet
The Junior Advising Checklist and Worksheet consist of an advising checklist that outlines the tasks that should be undertaken by a junior student. These include things that should be done during each semester, in search of internships, research, and fellowships, and when considering graduate school.
As a junior student, your priorities include:
- Progressing toward completing your major and degree requirements
- Finding leadership opportunities
- Assessing your prospects for summer internships, research, or employment
- Exploring possibilities for civic involvement; engage the world!
- Integrating your academic, professional, and civic interests
The Continuing Your College Career at Dickinson College personal worksheet for juniors is designed to help you think about your experiences at Dickinson. In addition to an opportunity for self-reflection, consider your responses to the questions as tools that you and your academic advisor can use to identify resources and opportunities for you. Questions included address your major and why it is intriguing, as well as how it can be applied after your undergraduate studies. They also address extracurricular activities and leadership.