Shirley S. King, Dean of Advising
Class Dean for Seniors
Education: Shirley King attended Bluffton University (Ohio), the College-Conservatory of Music (University of Cincinnati), and the University of Kansas, where she earned the degree Doctor of Musical Arts in organ performance. She was on the faculty at Bethel College (Kansas) for 25 years, prior to moving to South-Central Pennsylvania. In 1987 she was awarded a Fulbright Lectureship to teach organ literature and performance practice, and perform in Argentina. She has served as a member of the U.S. Student Fulbright National Screening Committee.
In addition to directing the Academic Advising program at Dickinson College, Dr. King is Adjunct Professor of Organ and Harpsichord.
• working with faculty to develop a broadly based academic advising system
• developing support systems for successful nominations for scholarships, fellowships and awards
• organ and harpsichord literature and performance practice
• the role of music in society
Presentations and Workshops:
• workshops for faculty related to academic advising
• workshops on church music and organ literature
• solo organ and chamber music recitals
• presenter on Faculty Advising for National NACADA Conference (Las Vegas, October 2005)