Projected Timeline for Web Redesign and Migration
The transition to a new Web site design in the Jadu CMS is expected to be completed in winter 2014. The timeline below indicates the phases that are a part of that process.
The most important thing that you can do now to prepare for the migration is to consider the content on your current site. What's necessary and what's extraneous? Is any information dated? Check out more assessment suggestions on this site's CMS Migration Resources page. Also, marketing & communications' online-marketing team offers a comprehensive Web-site refresh process—focusing on usability, navigation and content—that can help you through the process. Not only will a refresh improve your current Ektron site in the short-term, but when it's time to migrate to Jadu, you'll already have made the important decision regarding what should be brought along in the move!
Fall 2012 Semester
- The Jadu Content Management System (CMS) was installed on Dickinson servers.
- Marketing & Communications partnered with external Web design firm, 160over90.
- Marketing & Communications worked with the Web Advisory Committee to collect community feedback on the design, architecture and functionality of the new college Web site.
Spring 2013 Semester
- 160over90 held campus discovery days in late January, and is currently develop site architecture.
- Migration of CMS content from Ektron to Jadu will begin in April; this will include a series of department migration meetings hosted by Marketing & Communications and Library and Information Services.
- Community CMS editors will receive initial training in Jadu user interface.
- Migration of CMS content from Ektron into Jadu continues.
- 160over90 will provide final visual design for implementation.
Fall 2013 Semester
- Jadu will implement site design.
- Once the design is implemented, Marketing & Communications will begin testing out the new site.
- Community CMS editors will participate in refresh of CMS training.
- Dickinson's new Jadu Web site will go live.