Projected Timeline for Web Redesign and Migration
The transition to a new Web site design in the Jadu CMS is expected to be completed in winter 2014. The timeline below indicates the phases that are a part of that process.
Fall 2012 Semester
- The Jadu Content Management System (CMS) was installed on Dickinson servers.
- Marketing & Communications partnered with external Web design firm, 160over90.
- Marketing & Communications worked with the Web Advisory Committee to collect community feedback on the design, architecture and functionality of the new college Web site.
Spring 2013 Semester
- 160over90 held campus discovery days in late January, and developed site architecture.
- Migration of CMS content from Ektron to Jadu began in April; this included a series of department migration meetings hosted by Marketing & Communications and Library and Information Services.
- Community CMS editors began receiving initial training in Jadu user interface.
- Migration of CMS content from Ektron into Jadu continued.
- 160over90 provided design wireframes and page types.
Fall 2013 Semester
- 160over90 will provide final visual design for implementation.
- Jadu will implement site design.
- Once the design is implemented, Marketing & Communications will begin testing out the new site.
- Community CMS editors will participate in refresh of CMS training.
- Dickinson's new Jadu Web site will go live.